Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Peanut soup

J requested for this recipe so did some calculate on what i used.
Please note - i didn't add in cuttlefish which most people will do so as my skin allergy don't allow me to have this nowsaday so i skipped this. You can always opt to add this in if you like it.
For me, in order to have the "seafood" taste. I played cheat and add in 1 tablespoon of fish sauce instead.

Ingredients:

1/2 bowl of peanut - washed
4 pieces of garlic with skin on
350g ribs
1.5L of water
4 red dates

500ml boiling water to scald the meat.

salt to taste
1 tablespoon of fish sauce - optional

Coriander - optional

Method:

1. boiled water in pot.

2. Scald the ribs. I did this so that the rib won't have those bloody water trapped in it. Olso to removed those "dirty" particles in it. After that, marinate with some salt.

3. Once water start boiling, add in ribs,peanuts,red date,peanuts,garlic into it. Turn to high flame to cook for 20min. Then switch to middle flame to cook. To cook till that's the texture you like.

4. Season with fish sauce if you are not using cuttlefish like me. Cook another 10min then off the fire. Can serve with coriander if you like it.

-------------------------

For us, we love 老火汤.. so i cooked it for 3hrs and more. SOUND SCARY right? 3hrs...
why make life so difficult to just drink a bowl of soup???
haha
Alots will said why don't use a pressure cooker? 15min will get it done..
Mmmmm honestly till now.. i am still very scared of handling it. Due to freaky experience i seen from friends... Freaked me off and so its out of my kitchen till i am ready to bring it into my territory. :p

No comments:

Post a Comment