Sunday, June 12, 2011

Carmelized Ginger Chicken

You must be wondering what is this dish? MMMM
Actually HONESTLY i hate GINGER
coz it always caused me rashes... many of my closer frds will know ginger made me heat with rashes....
So decided to try out something which i can eat during confinment..
HAHHAHA yeap.. J said i very 厉害
even confinment foods oso must come out on my own..
Well that is to save my own SKIN.. haha
So decided to try out something dat i haven't tried on my own before.. hoping my lil theory work...
The usual ginger chicken works like this:



YES this is the USU ones.. ppl eat @ hm or during confinment
Look familiar isn't it
I tink most of us had it eaten anytime @ home or @ cai peng stall
or those places selling claypot xxx... this sure one of the dish they offered..


 Being me.. hehe i had no claypot so i on the flame higher when the sauces are abt to be absorbed by the chicken.. OH YES
i must raved abt this chicken..
I used kumpung chicken and the meats r so tender even afte being simmer for more then 30min...No extra FATS in it which made one.. wanna take bites after bites..
Mr sim said its nice BUT will be better if its a lil spicy
Lolz.. i tink it reminded him of 3 cup chicken in another way..

he commented tat IF add in more ginger.. it be another confinment dish
mmm oh well i doesn't mind if the confinment lady can do this dish for me.. coz i doesn't taste the ginger in it :p
which i usually will pick it up no matter how thinly sliced the person do it...
 

 

What i used:

1/2 kumpung chicken

marinate the chicken with:
1tblsp light soya sauce
2 tblsp darl soya sauce
1 tblsp oyster sauce
a dash of pepper

Leave aside for 4hrs

Amt of ginger and garlic to ur liking

enuff water to cover the cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment